Monday, October 13, 2014

Takin away like a feather now‏

In the Wind! Cuz the real wind's here in Kansas
See the sky, wish I could put that all on canvas
Thinkin back, to those days spent up on campus
Never thought, life could be the slandest
Now I'm gone!
Gone fishin!
We baptize.
We ain't just wishin!
 
In the Kansas Wichita Mission!
We are the servants ooooff the Lord!


 
Just thought I'd give you a bit of an AWESOME song one of our Elders wrote awhile back. He's a freestyle rapper with a uke, heck yeah!
 
But it also fits because I really am leaving. I am transferring to Topeka Zone! Up North! Past Manhattan Kansas and somewhat near Kansas City. I assume it's a bit colder up there... and it's a smaller town called Holton, pretty isolated. Bout time! I've been wanting to experience a bit more authentic Kansas, rather than the run-down, citified suburbias with it's harsh super-wealthy/dramatically-poor dynamic.
 
This past week was mind-blowing. Which is unfortunate because I NEVER know what to say in these emails when this happens.... there simply are no words that can express the change distilled in me.
 
I guess it starts from regular scripture study and prayer. Through it I've been learning particular doctrine, which enables endless mysteries to become clearer, developing a firmer understanding of who I am and my purpose for my entire life on Earth. Naturally this enhances my relationship with God and heightens a keen attention to the Spirit. The next step was endurance. No matter how difficult overcoming particular weaknesses and trials are, one endures by "taking His yoke upon you." One must beg the Lord to guide you and hold their hand, the entire way. And lastly, what has more directly contributed to this past week's aha! moment was striving to become pure, even as Christ is pure. I've literally fasted from my worldly ways. I'm fasting from several carnal natures that have inhibited success and miracles from occurring within my ministry. It's been 13 days with 27 to go, and maybe even a lifetime if I choose it.
 
So, KABLAMMO!!! I'm a new woman! But it's not just like POP I'm new, I'm still striving and changing immensely every day. "Good measure, pressed down...shaken together, and running over."
 
There was a son of some of the dearest members I've bonded with here in HP. He visited over the weekend from Manhattan (ironically) and we joined the three of them for dinner (rice, beans, cheese and pickels. YUM!) (Really though, it was actually delicious). He had all of these questions, so articulately strayed from the reality of God and the Lord's just and merciful nature. His concern was that even if He is in fact just and merciful, we are STILL in HIS world, playing HIS game. ...wow. What a logical but SO WRONG perspective. I still honestly have no answers.... but it was a whirlwind of a night and Sister Cramer and I as women were no match for the task. However, the SPIRIT was, and He abided the entire conversation. He helped us know exactly what to say, not as I would say it, but as HE would.
 
As usual, this experience was sacred and I choose not to share details. I hold these experiences dear and merely hope and pray that all of you are striving for miracles in your life also. Are you actually putting aside the things of the world and digging deeper in Christ's teachings to apply them in your life? Are the things you do daily teaching you exactly what Christ's voice sounds like? When He calls, will you know it? And will He know you?
 
My heart is running over with joy and love for you all. I'm being catapulted into unknown (Topeka), and though my heart will be left behind I am THRILLED to behold a more daunting mountain to climb. I ache to boulder and slip and cling and hoist and strengthen. OH MAN!! This life on earth is so beyond exciting to live :)
 
I love you all and pray for you and wish you the best in your daily lives, included with BOM study and a prayer in your heart ;D
 
Best,
Sister Murph
 
Gonna miss Sister Cramer like crazy.... like so crazy. I love the crap outta her.

No comments:

Post a Comment