Monday, June 23, 2014

Amen and Awomen!!

"Why do the men always get all the cred???" Hahaha, some people say the silliest things.
Ello chums! Sure is mighty nice to talk at you again! Something we work on as missionaries is to teach people not lessons, to never talk AT someone but WITH someone. Emails home like this are stinkers sometimes because I just feel like I'm talking at you all, because only a few respond. I hope this doesn't bother any of you, my blabber and no questions. I really do wonder about a lot of you and just love the updates.
I LOVE HARRISON PARK! This area is just absolutely fantastically missionary minded and hilarious. I'm having a jolly old time working hard and loving every minute. My new companion is just on the ball and I feel honored to have such a devoted and devout sister to work with. I'm looking outside my window and I see the apartment complex pool and playground. I feel like I'm in St. George. Things are flat and semi-desertous and quite hot. VAcATION MISssion style aahhh yeah.

We met with a younger couple new to the ward last night, I shall call them the Spectacles. Brother Hipster Spectacle has been less-active for several years now. As we conversed I learned of his inactivity in the church, which was quite unanticipated and as soon as the word got out we began humorously discussing what was holding him back. Eventually he allowed me to ask a few questions that the Holy Ghost inspired me to inquire. They appeared to be thought provoking for him and at times difficult for him to answer, yet he explained simple and ridiculous issues with the church that inhibited him from returning despite his wife's concern. At the end of the visit we had come to no real conclusion, his issues with church attendance felt much more deeply rooted than he was letting on, and it's gonna take a lot of prayer to help this tough muffin. Fortunately though, as we stepped through his door he genuinely exclaimed we were invited to return at any time for any thing. We left the home with Sister Spectacle and her spastic dog Sparky to walk to our car, and she was alarmingly enthusiastic about what had happened. She said he had confessed issues she had never heard before, and was excited to understand better how she can help him in this mid-life crisis. She said she owed it all to me and the questions I had asked. I know for a surety it was the Holy Ghost and I am so grateful that Heavenly Father has blessed me to be so naturally inquisitive, to be genuinely and lovingly intrigued by the hearts of others. It has strengthened my faith to know that the Godhead has their arm so directly guiding me as a missionary, and I appreciate it so very much!!

Goodbyes are stinkers. I just hated saying goodbye to Hutch. I cried a lot. It was gloomy. But luckily I've got the supreme comforter taking care of me, so it's been an okay transition. I love you all SOORURRRR much! Here's my favorite scripture o the week!

Joshua 22:5 "But take dilligent heed to do the commandment and the law, which Moses the servant of the Lord charged you, to love the Lord your God, and to walk in his ways, and to keep him commandments, and to cleave unto him, and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul."

If you are feeling down, serve someone. We found Ruth by divine direction and she just so needed an uplift. We got to pull her weeds and plant her grass and will soon play music on ivory keys for her. It just feels so very good to serve :)
LOVE YOU ALL!!
Best,
Sister Murphy Senior

No comments:

Post a Comment