Monday, April 14, 2014

Everything in life can be applied to & taken care of by the atonement...


The sun had come out tomorrow and it was gloriously warm! Yay for pre-spring time! The temp will take a nose dive, again, (KS and UT weather are probs total besties) and we can't wait for the sun to torch our souls again come next week. Woohoo! We played soccer all P-day and I just love running around. God was so kind when he gave us legs :)
SO we had crazy experiences last week, again. I'm at last embracing the fact that full-time missionary work is just plain crazy and so roller-coastery. I feel it is like the white coaster at Lagoon because it feels teetery and rickety at the beginning but it gets so powerfully fast towards the end and I wonder why I ever worried we wouldn't make it! And I shout WOOHOO because that same heart fluttering is just so HG! Dually it is emotional because my weaknesses are coming out all unfriendly-like and I'm totally vulnerable to not just my companion but to the world and it is so cool because I feel like Paul in 2 Corinthians 12: "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me...for when I am weak, then am I strong."

So when I'm negatively affecting my surroundings and feeling prideful or wanting control or utterly discouraged, or mourning for the struggles of others, which I feel often, I fall on my knees and just give it up. This is such a sacred lesson and I feel strange putting it into a mass email like this but I feel deeply it is something I must share with my dear family and friends. You, all of you... everything in life can be applied to and taken care of by the atonement. It is so difficult yet so simple. The total highs are thanks to the atonement, the total lows are reaching for it. I hope so much that you are applying that! This is the good news THIS is what we share!!! That we can survive and hope and make it because we know Christ died and lives for us!
I wish I had a particular story to share... I mean we had a lot of good laughs and stuff but there wasn't anything all that iconic. I guess this moment was awesome. "crunch crunch crunch" we heard above and looked to find a ravenous hawk settled on a high tree limb, picking at it's freshly caught dove. The poor prey was nearly as large as the brown hawk was but was being flung toward us in bits and pieces as the hawk devoured. The six of us missionaries with our half-eaten subway sandwiches watched, mortified. After the hawk wiped his beak on the nearby branches and fluttered away, the wind kindly delivered the feathery remains to our doorstep.

Hoohah Kansas city life! Hope you are all doing great and stuff! Hope to hear from you maybe! Love you loads!!!

Best,
Sister Murphy Senior

No comments:

Post a Comment